domingo, 25 de maio de 2014

Champions league final, Lisbon

Dear all,

 

It has been an interesting weekend in Lisbon mostly due to the soccer champions league match that was held in Estadio da Luz.

I decided to meet another traveler, and check how the ambience was in downtown just before the match.

PeterLamb on his way to city center
Fully packed and ready to go? I wish!!

I promised Pedro that I would take the roadbike and the trailer so he could test it!

Pedro is a great guy and he is just starting a trip around Portugal and Spain for about 3 months. We had a good meal close to the river and share some stories and past experiences.

Pedro, I wish you a very pleasent trip!!

Pedro's cycling side by side

After the meal we headed to the city center to check how was the atmosphere with the soccer fans!

Real fans were mostly downtown. We could not believe how many people were gathered there:

Real fans @ Praca da Figueira
Pedro's with the Real fans

We cycled a bit around Rossio and Baixa and it was time to split, as Pedro still had some kilometers ahaed to return home.

On my way home my couchsurfer phoned saying that she was downtown, so I came back to meet her just before the match.

Peter Lamb & Karin

Well, time to head home and get ready for dinner with friends and some drinks to celebrate the Real 10th champions league cup!

 

As usual, details of the ride can be checked here:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/506931236

 

That's all for now folks!

 

Best,

Peter

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário