sábado, 26 de julho de 2014

Day 2 - Paris

Dear all,

 

The day started not so late, around 8h30. Isabelle was a bit late to go to work and as for me I find it pointless to be resting while there is a great city out there to explore.

However, blogging and editong pictures took me longer than I thought, so I was only out of home close to 13h.

There is a velib station right at Isabelle's door (that somehow I haven't noticed yesterday!), so finding my first ride of the day was simple.

I decided to head to the Louvre and the Champs Elises, and I stopped somewhere in the middle to swap bike and avoid the cost of rental. The only thing was that close to the Louvre all docks were taken so I needed to wait for someone to take a bike and I was late to return it for a few minutes, so here there are not excuses. Anyway, 1€ from la vilette till the louvre and not walking it is really a bargain :)

Taking the underground? Not this time!

On my way I found out that they have a car sharing system. It is called Autolib. It is a bit more complex, as you need to go to a main station to validate your driving licence and I do not know if it is that easy. Anyway, the cars are electric ones and I am willing to google it later one and maybe tomorrow I will try that!

Autolib in Paris!

At the gardens close to the louvre it is not allowed to cycle, so I took a walk.

Scared Peter Lamb?
Peter Lamb @ Hotel du Louvre! I do prefer couchsurfing!

In front of the louvre it is a lot of people, all trying to get the best shot. Due to the intespnse heat there is a lot of people seizing the fountains to cool down!

PeterLamb@Louvre
Same place, different shot

It is a long walk till the Arc de Triomphe, but lets give it a try:

Arc de Triomphe really far away
PeterLamb is ready for a big walk!

On the way to the champs elises I found a nice car to be rented!

Unfortunatly you cannot drive it till Portugal! :)

I planned to walk all the way up to arc du triomphe, but then I thought: "there are a bunch of guys cycling around France to cycle on the chapns elises, and I will take a walk? No way!!

PeterLamb & Tour de France
Velib on champs elises

On the way towards the arc du triomphe, I found a quite nice small garden!

The arc du triomphe is something quite impressive, as its size is quite massive!

PeterLamb @ Arc du Triomphe
Monument to the unknown soldier
PeterLamb. @ Champs Elises

I decided to take a walk from that point towards Trocadero, where you have a great view towards Eiffel Tower.

Eiffel tower seen from Trocadero

I just needed to take my typical flying picture from this spot. Not ao easy, as the amount of people in here is impressive!

Peter Lamb flying
Peter Lamb flying
PeterLamb @ the Eiffel Tower

When crossing the road, I saw a chance of a good photo! Like it?

Hopefully one day it will be true! :)

At this moment I decided to head slowly home, as Isabelle should be out of her work soon and we settled to meet and have dinner with her friend Jean Phillippe.

I have seen a lot of live shows and street music, but ai guess it was the first time to see one guy plaing his piano on the street!

Street music with piano! :)

After I left my bike at the closest station, i walked till the restaurant they had chosen. Impressive how many people comes to this place with food to share amoung friends! Super cool!

La Villette

Dinner was very very nice, in a place that is called Camarade Boris, a comuniste inspired restaurant, but really cool atmosphere! To be honest, when I was going towards the restaurant, I was feeling somehow "aprehensive" lets say. Afterall, I was joining Isabelle and Jean Phillippe for a dinner, and it could be just akward, if the conversation was going to be something that could make any of us unconfortable, or a huge silent would come up. Basically, what a stupid feeling!! Some minutes were enough to see that would be a very relaxed evening with two great people, who was so easy to talk to.

It turned out to be pretty nice, as Jean Phillippe is a truly Parisien, and Isabelle is not. Anyway, no hard feeliengs, Jean, but If time would go back again, I would choose Isabelle to host me! :)

Food was good, french wine even better, but company was just great. Once more, the same feeling: "yeah, good to be in the city, sightseeing (and biking!!) and so on, bit nothing beats the company of this nice people to share this evening with". Thanks a million guys!

Jean Phillippe, Isabelle and Peter Lamb :)

What is great tends to make the time to shrink, so after one more drink in a bar (Porto, of course!!), there was time to go "Home".

Still some nice talk with Isabelle, but 3:30 AM came too quickly and that is more than time to sleep!

 

That is all for now folks!

Best,

Peter

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário