domingo, 11 de agosto de 2013

Day 1 - Warsaw

Dear all,

 

After all the adventures of being able to board the aircraft with the bike, and the nice flight that I described on the other post, it was time to collect the luggage the normal belt and the bike from the oversized luggage belt. Everything smooth :)

After customs clearence, time to start assembling the bike at the arrivals hall:

Mounting the pedals and wheels
Bike assembled - Warsaw Airport
Fully packed and ready to go

It was the time to phone Marta that should be at home, around 12km away. Where do I have her phone number? Well, I think is somewhere on the Ipad. Not at the contacts, not at the messages, not at the memos, not at the maps, not at the last e-mails, not at my phone... Well, I know where she lives, but I said I would call before starting to cycle, so I must find a way... Luckly Warsaw airport gives you 30 minutes free internet access, all you have to do is ask for a code in a website and they send you a text message with the username and password.

So, after changing the clothes to the cycling and rain gear I was ready to face the first cycling of this tour.

Weather was overcast, it was raining about one hour before, so the road of still wet, about 20 degrees.

Some pictures of the way:

So, here there are the numbers of the day:

  • Daily distance - 12,83 km
  • Daily time - 44m07s
  • Average speed - 18,02 km/h
  • Maximum speed - 34,81 km/h

 

I stoped a couple of times to check the map on Ipad and after about 1 hour (including the stops) I finally got home :) What a nice feeling to be home when you are abroad!!

I met Marta at her blocks entrance and she was very welcoming.

She had prepared a delicious zukiny soup with tomato and very good home made salted muffins. All of this with a Portuguese Douro red wine, what can we ask for more? Cheers Marta!!

We went out for a bar where we met her friend Ania and it was a very nice evening, having a drink and a long talk :) After the bar we went for loooong walk to Warsaw old town. Very nice to be here again, it is a lovely town :)

Well folks, I guess that is all for now!

 

Best,

Peter

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário