segunda-feira, 26 de agosto de 2013

Day 16 - Riga

Dear all,

 

I spent sometime wondering if I should leave Riga towards Sigulda, Cesis and enter Estonia one day later in Valga, or could spend some more time in Riga and cycle the easier way straight to Tallin along Latvia's costline. Also, on the first option, i think I would not have the time to visit Tartu and the lake. As Estonia it's describded as Cycling paradise, I think I will leave this option for one other time!

My host Marta would only have to work on Monday evening so I could stay for some time longer. Great!

This was a total day off from cycling and feels good!!!

I was checking in more detail how could I send the bike home from Estonia, and I thought about checking the DHL website. I was shocked by the result: basically there were 3 options:

  1. Bike delivery on the next days: 2700 Euro
  2. Bike delivery within a week: 1600 Euro
  3. Bike delivery within 2 weeks: around 500 Euro

"Holy Smokes"!!!! No way!

The information on the Estonian post was not clear enough for me, so I thought that maybe I would have to find a way to take my bicycle to Warsaw or think about something else - otherwise I would not reach Tallin. I thought about taking a train back to Vilnius and from there cycle to Poland...

Well, I was confused about what to do, but luckly I found a bicycle shop in Tallin's downtown that dismantles bicycles into the cardbox, so I thought about giving it a call tomorrow and ask if they knew a cheaper way to send the bike home! Hopefully there will be better news and I will have a better view of which will be my next travel plans!

 

We went out for some dinner out and enjoy the city.

Thank you very much Marta!

 

Well, that's all for now folks!

 

Best,

Peter

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário