sábado, 31 de agosto de 2013

Numbers about this trip

Dear all,

 

If you are thinking that, by the title if this post, thst I am going to write the phone numbers of all the wonderful people I met on this trip, you are.... WRONG! :)

In what it concerns to cycling (or travelling, if you would prefer), as the Day 20 post referes, I have made a total of 1310,48 km.

I think that would be nice to have a division according to the countries, so here you have:

  • Poland - 160,22 km
  • Lithuania - 363,99 km
  • Latvia - 438,96 km
  • Estonia - 347,31 km

Just some remarks that I would point out (I think I remember all):

  • The original plan was not to cycle at all in Poland but it was nice to be there as well
  • Lithuania has a lot of very nice places and I am happy that I could pass in some of them
  • I am surprised that was in Latvia that I cycled the most. The original plan was justto cross it quickly but was indeed very nice decision to come to Riga and just cycle more in Latvia. There is a huge huge difference in terms of development between the region of Daugavpils and the western part of the country but was nice to see it both.
  • Estonia is indeed a very good cycling destination, as the routes are designed to take you away of intense traffic roads.
  • I had no time to cycle to Cesis and Sigulda in Latvia, as well as Tartu in Estonia (or go to the Estonian islands, following the cycling route number 1 in Estonia), so to be back to theses places one day seems a good plan to me!

 

Now, here you have some other numbers:

  • Longest distance in one day - 140,76 km
  • Longest time cycling in one day - 7h48m51s
  • Maximum Speed - 57,73 km/h (did not check all the days, but I think that this one was the top one)
  • Global average speed of this trip: 17,82 km/h

That is all for now folks!

 

Best,

Peter

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário