quarta-feira, 21 de agosto de 2013

Day 11 - Daugavpils

Dear all,

 

I have decided to take a day off to rest a bit in Daugavpils (thank you so much for letting me stay one day longer Maria!).

In fact I got up quite early, as I do not think is nice to stay sleeping while your host is preparing for a full day of work.

I had a super relaxed day, just typing for the blog and organizing some things, going for the shopping mall to seize the free wifi to upload the blog and watch for some news and stuff like that.

I went then to buy some postcards and a road atlas of the Baltic Countries, as I was sometimes struggling with navigation. The maps costs about 11 euro. The detail you get at 1/400.000 seems good already.

Road atlas of the Baltic countries

When Maria went out of the office, we went for a walk to get to know a bit more the city. We went to the fortress of Daugavpils. I must tell you that the river that is passing near the city is the river Daugava.

Me and Maria inside the fortress walls

 

The city is not so big, but in fact I felt more like resting than visiting the city, to be quite frank.

Downtown Daugavpils
One of the churches at Dagavpils

After the tour to the fortress, I invited Maria for a dinner out. It is the minimum I could do for the two days of hosting in Daugavpils! Cheers miuda!

 

And that is all for now folks!

 

Best,

Peter

 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário